The restrictions on traveling to Cuba from the United States are continuing to grow.
Four months after the Trump administration banned cruises traveling to the country, it was announced last week that all flights to Cuba, with the exception of Havana, would be discontinued.
“In line with the President’s foreign policy toward Cuba, this action prevents revenue from reaching the Cuban regime that has been used to finance its ongoing repression of the Cuban people and its support for Nicolás Maduro in Venezuela,” the State Department said, according to The Washington Post.
“This action will prevent the Castro regime from profiting from U.S. air travel and using the revenues to repress the Cuban people,” explained Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Twitter.
The ban, which is set to go into effect on Dec. 10, will affect several airlines, including American Airlines, JetBlue and Delta, the Post reported.
RELATED: President Trump Bans Cruises From Traveling to Cuba, Causing Ships Already at Sea to Reroute
“We are beginning to work with our various government and commercial partners to understand the full impact of this change on our customers and operations in Camagüey, Holguín and Santa Clara,” JetBlue said in a statement on Friday, according to NBC News.
In a separate statement, American Airlines said they “will continue to comply with federal law, work with the administration, and update our policies and procedures